WEB DESIGN SERVICES
Web Site Design
Design encompasses developing, building, testing, and launching a new Web site. A partial list of tasks includes:
- compiling and documenting the client's requirements for the Web site
- researching and registering one or more domain names (i.e., Web addresses)
- setting up a Web-hosting account
- mapping out the Web site's architecture and navigation
- mocking up conceptual Web page layouts
- for larger projects, writing, revising, and finalizing a Web site design plan with a budget and schedule
- for non-template-based Web sites built from scratch, writing and validating HTML5 and CSS3 source code that contains the tagged content and formatting instructions for each Web page
- applying Responsive Web Design (RWD) techniques to make the site mobile-friendly and testing and debugging it across the current versions of the most popular browsers (i.e., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and Opera)
- editing text for search engine optimization to improve Web pages' search engine rankings as well as for spelling, punctuation, grammar, format, style, and tone
- photoshopping images for aesthetic reasons and Web optimization (i.e., reducing file size to shorten load time)
Web Site Redesign
Redesign entails a one-time revision of an existing Web site's architecture, navigation, page layout(s), code, content, and search engine optimization – basically, an overhaul. The goal is to improve upon the usability, operational efficiency, and overall effectiveness of your current Web site.
Web Site Maintenance
Maintenance involves ongoing updates, scheduled as needed, to an existing Web site's content to increase the number of return visitors and improve search engine rankings.
Do You Need Your Web Design Done Well?
Listed below are some questions that you want to ask before designing or redesigning your Web site: